Today the research activity on basalt reinforced composites has been mentioned in an article on “Il Sole 24 Ore”, the Italian national daily business newspaper owned by Confindustria. Basalt and basalt-derived mineral fibres are proposed as an environmental-friendly alternative to carbon, since can be recast and reused in the original application.
C2CC partnership is currently uploading the technical and financial reporting about 2020 activities. Although there were some Covid-related delays, all main programmed activities were performed and in particular:
- the development of C2C recyclable prepregs;
- the use of them for laminating a complete front bonnet demonstrator;
- the study of treatments on prepreg scraps and cured materials, to recover secondary raw materials;
- the collection of main data for LCA study;
- dissemination of activities and results